Before I get on to the reason for this title, I’ll just bring you up to date with my productive week. Productive not so much on the artistic front, but DIY! We’ve been tiling our bathroom this weekend which is a first for both of us. There has been a lot of trial and error, particularly trying to nail into a concrete wall, but the less we say about that, the better!
Anyway, after practically a whole weekend of working hard, we now have two tiled walls and boxing around the pipes. Here’s the before photo…
And here’s the after. It may not look like much, but for us it’s an achievement!
Those pesky little mosaic tiles in the border were the hardest part, they kept smushing everywhere and going all higgledy piggledy. The spacers we were using were too large for the gaps, so we ended up improvising by wedging nails between them to get them to align properly.
It’s probably not a finish that a professional would be proud of, but it saved us a lot of money and with all the tile adhesive we used, those tiles aren’t going anywhere! Next job – grouting!
Besides the bathroom, I’ve also been working on a couple of pages for my adult colouring book. The insect one I started last week is now all inked up, and I’ve got another genie’s lamp doodle on the go too.
I’m off to crack on with this one now, I’ll hopefully have it finished for next week! One of these days I’m also going to get around to sending a newsletter about my adult colouring book (I promise!), so if you haven’t already signed up, you can do so here!